- Diploma in Bioinformatics, MLU Halle-Wittenberg, July 2007
- Since October 2012: E-Systems cluster project (HTWK Leipzig) “Portal-basiertes Management von Ontologien und ihrer Evolution”
- Since January 2008: Research assistant / PhD Student at the Department of Databases, University of Leipzig
- November 2007 - December 2007: Research assistant at Institute for Medical Immunology, MLU Halle-Wittenberg
- +49 341 97 32-240
- gross[at]informatik.uni-leipzig.de, gross[at]izbi.uni-leipzig.de
- Augustusplatz 10, Paulinum, Raum P419
- On2Vers - Online Ontology Versioning
Talk at 2nd eScience Network
Conference, Dresden, Juni 2013.
- GOMMA Results for OAEI 2012
Talk at Seventh International Workshop on Ontology Matching (OM) at ISWC 2012, Boston, USA, November 2012.
- How do computed ontology mappings evolve? - A case study for life science ontologies
Talk at Joint Workshop on Knowledge Evolution and Ontology Dynamics (EvoDyn) at ISWC 2012, Boston, USA, November 2012.
- How do Ontology Mappings Change in the Life Sciences?
Poster Presentation at Eighth International Conference on Data Integration in the Life Sciences (DILS), University of Maryland, USA, June 2012.
- Mapping Composition for Matching Large Life Science Ontologies
Talk at International Conference on Biomedical Ontologies (ICBO), Buffalo, July 2011.
- On Matching Large Life Science Ontologies in Parallel
Talk at 7th International Conference on Data Integration in Life Sciences (DILS), Göteborg, August 2010.
- Quality of Functional Annotations in Life Science Data Sources
Talk at 1. Workshop des GI-Arbeitskreises Ontologien in Biomedizin und Lebenswissenschaften (OBML), Leipzig, November 2009.
- Estimating the Quality of Ontology-Based Annotations by Considering Evolutionary Changes
Talk at 6th International Workshop on Data Integration in Life Sciences (DILS), Manchester, July 2009.
- An Evolution-based Approach for Assessing Ontology Mappings – A Case Study in the Life Sciences
Talk at 13. GI-Fachtagung Datenbanksysteme für Business, Technologie und Web (BTW), Münster, March 2009.
Supervision of Theses
- MA Victor Christen: Reasoning of Ontology Mappings in the Life Sciences
- MA Anastasiya Chyhir: Evaluating blocking methods for efficient matching of large-scale ontologies in the life sciences
- MA Toni Fröschke: Development of an infrastructure for web-based ontology versioning
- MA Michael Gassner: Evolution of Ontology Mappings in the Life sciences
- BA Richard Uhlich: Building teaching examples for non-computer scientists in database seminars
- BA Victor Christen: Online visualization of ontology regions
- BA Anastasiya Chyhir: Analysis of mapping evolution for selected match problems in the life sciences
- BA Michael Gassner: Analysis of research trends in PubMed using MeSH categories
- DA Henning Kropp: Computation of diff-evolution-mappings for product catalogs
- DA Yiming Huang: Stability analysis of ontologies and mappings in GOMMA